The Old Bags Luncheon is an invitation-only fundraising event featuring a silent auction of new, gently used and vintage designer handbags.
Women (and some men, too) come together to socialize and enjoy music, cocktails and lunch while bidding on new and nearly new high-end bags at the silent auction. Bags for the silent auction are donated by local boutiques, department stores and individuals who host purse donation parties among their friends.
The event benefits CancerPartners, which offers emotional, social and educational encouragement to women, men, children, couples and families touched by cancer.
March 22, 2017
10:30 am – 1:30 pm
Thunderbird Country Club
Parking: Valet parking for the Old Bags Luncheon is hosted by CancerPartners and included for all guests at no charge.
Thunderbird Country Club
70-737 Country Club Drive
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
Host a Purse Donation Party
Most people respond readily when a friend personally asks them to consider making a donation for a good cause. Purse donation parties are an important source of gently-used designer handbags for the Old Bags Luncheon (OBL) silent auction.
Hosting a purse donation party is easy:
- Choose the date, time and location for your event (your home or country club).
- Decide what type of event you would like to hold (breakfast coffee, lunch, afternoon tea, cocktail party).
- Develop a list of friends to invite.
- Provide your list, with contact information and the details of your event, to CancerPartners event organizers. They will take care of sending invitations to your friends, and provide you with the list of those who will be attending. Or obtain invitations from CancerPartners event organizers, write in the details of your event, and send the invitations directly to your friends. You can choose to have RSVPs come to you, or to CancerPartners organizers.
- At the event, collect new and gently-used designer and vintage handbags from those attending.
- Display the unwrapped bags in a nice arrangement for all to see.
- CancerPartners will provide you with more information on the OBL lunch event, to give to your guests.
- After your purse donation party, CancerPartners organizers will arrange a convenient time to pick up the donated bags from you.
For more information or to host a purse donation party, please contact us at 760-770-5678.
Donate Your Unused Purses
We welcome contributions of new, gently used and vintage designer handbags.
CancerPartners is a welcoming place that offers emotional, social and educational support for everyone impacted by cancer in the desert communities. People of all ages, with any type and stage of cancer, as well as their caregivers, family members and loved ones, can participate. They thrive in the nurturing environment and benefit from a full program that encompasses evidence-based, professionally led cancer support groups, exercise, nutrition and expressive arts classes, educational lectures and workshops, and social activities.