Better Together for Community

What is Better Together for Community?

Better Together for Community is a partnership among five Coachella Valley nonprofit organizations:

  • American Cancer Society
  • CancerPartners
  • Desert Cancer Foundation
  • Pendleton Foundation
  • Susan G. Komen Inland Empire

All provide services to people in the Coachella Valley (men, women, teens and children) whose lives have been affected by cancer. The members of Better Together for Community work together to help people understand what assistance is available, and where and how to receive it.

Where to Get Help if You or a Loved One Has Cancer

Whether you, a friend or family member needs emotional, educational or social support, mental health services, help paying for medical care, money to pay for essentials like gas and groceries while undergoing cancer treatment, or something else, Better Together for Community is here for you. All services are offered at no cost, and available to anyone living in the Coachella Valley. Each organization in Better Together for Community provides a different service, but we all work together to help people cope with cancer.


Better Together for Community Partners —

Answers To Your Questions  

American Cancer Society focuses on funding researchers to find a cure. It also provides phone support 24/7 with a live person to answer questions, in more than 200 languages, about a cancer diagnosis. Local programs and services include free transportation for cancer patients, free wigs, free lodging and free counseling.

800.ACS.2345 (800.227.2345)
73161 Fred Waring Dr., Suite 100 Palm Desert, 92260

Support Groups and More

CancerPartners provides 19 different support groups for men, women, teens and children impacted by cancer. CancerPartners also provides fitness, nutrition and expressive arts classes, educational lectures, workshops and social activities – all at no cost.

73555 Alessandro Dr., Palm Desert, CA

Help for the Uninsured and Underinsured

Desert Cancer Foundation is dedicated to serving uninsured and underinsured residents of the Coachella Valley and surrounding communities, who need assistance in obtaining screening, diagnosis and treatment for cancer and allied diseases.

74091 Larrea St., Palm Desert 92260

Easing Financial Strain

Pendleton Foundation helps Coachella Valley cancer patients who qualify pay for living expenses, transportation, utilities and other essential needs while they’re undergoing cancer treatment.

72880 Fred Waring Dr., Suite C-14, Palm Desert, 92260

Breast Health
Susan G. Komen, Inland Empire is the local source for funding programs that provide breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. We empower the residents in our service area with information about the importance of early detection and breast health. We donate 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to national research to find cures.

7177 Brockton Ave., Suite 108
Riverside, CA 92506

Better Together for Community

For more information on Better Together for Community, or how you can help further its efforts to support Coachella Valley residents impacted by cancer, please contact Maria Elena Geyer at CancerPartners: 760.770.5678